Surfas' Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
• Preheat oven to 475°F
• Prepare Surfas Sweet Buttermilk Powder by mixing 3oz of powder with 1 ½ cups of water.
• Cube frozen butter.
• Place flour in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter, work butter into flour until the crumbs are the size of large peas.
• Add buttermilk, stir with fork just until flour is moistened.
• Turn dough onto lightly floured surface.
• Gently roll dough with floured rolling pin and laminate dough by folding it at least 4 times (the more folds the
flakier your biscuits!).
• Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
• Remove from oven, brush tops with melted butter and enjoy!
Recipe/Photos by Shanna Scott and Adriana Hernandez