The paring knife gets its name from its main function—removing or “paring” away things like peels or pits from fruits and vegetables. It is ideal for peeling, coring, trimming, decorating, and other detail work. Its small size gives you complete control over the tip and edge of the blade. Generally, you will use this knife in your hand rather than against a cutting board, though paring knives can also be used for cutting small foods, such as garlic cloves or ginger. Shun Sora provides handcrafted Japanese quality at an amazing price.
- No kitchen is complete without at least one paring knife
- Proprietary Composite Blade Technology puts high-performance VG10 steel on the cutting edge and highly corrosion-resistant Japanese 420J stainless steel on the blade upper
- San mai edge construction protects and supports the VG10 cutting core; razor-sharp 16° edge each side for quick, easy cutting
- Traditional handle design in textured PP/TPE polymer blend provides a contemporary look, secure grip and balance, and is easy to maintain
- Blade tang extends all the way to the embossed handle medallion for strength and balance
- Handcrafted in Japan