What makes this bread knife special—and better—is the way Shun has crafted the serrations. These are not jagged little teeth that chew through your bread. These are razor-sharp, wide serrations. These wider serrations glide through the bread with ease. Cutting is even smoother because Shun designed the serrations so there's an equal amount of cutting power on the forward and back strokes. Look at the blade and you can see that the serrations lean forward on the front of the blade and backward on the back of the blade. That small change makes a big difference in cutting ease.
- Slice tender or crusty breads with no ripping, squashing, or tearing
- Proprietary Composite Blade Technology puts high-performance VG10 steel on the cutting edge and highly corrosion-resistant Japanese 420J stainless steel on the blade upper
- San mai edge construction protects and supports the VG10 cutting core; razor-sharp, single-bevel 16° edge for quick, easy cutting
- Traditional handle design in textured PP/TPE polymer blend provides a contemporary look, secure grip and balance, and is easy to maintain
- Blade tang extends all the way to the embossed handle medallion for strength and balance
- Handcrafted in Japan