Tomato Cheese Tart
Served in Muffin Tins 24
- 20-oz. bag refrigerated Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns
- 1 tbsp. olive oil*
- 1 tsp. sea salt*
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper*
- 2 cups cheddar cheese*, divided use
- 9 extra large eggs, divided use
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- ½ cup orange bell pepper, diced
- Parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray 24 muffin tins* with cooking spray*.
- Combine one egg with hash browns, olive oil, 1 cup cheese and half each of the salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture evenly between 24 muffin tins and press down.
- Sprinkle each with parsley.
- Bake at 400° about 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are crispy.
- Meanwhile, whisk* remaining 8 eggs in a large mixing bowl*.
- Add remaining 1 cup cheese, remaining salt and pepper*, tomatoes, orange bell pepper and milk.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over each potato muffin crust.
- Sprinkle with additional salt, pepper and parsley if desired.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Allow muffins to cool in muffin tins about 5 minutes before removing.
- Serve hot or lukewarm.
*available at Surfas Culinary District *Recipes Courtesy of Chef Sharon Murphy of Surfas Culinary District Costa Mesa.