- 9oz Valhrona Caramelia Chocolate
- 12oz coconut milk
- 14oz whole milk
- 7oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2tsp kosher salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1/4 of a whole nutmeg, grated
- 4oz rye whiskey
- Melt chocolate until barely smooth.
- In a pot, heat both milks with salt, vanilla bean and nutmeg.
- Pour 1/3 of the hot mixture (just under boiling) over melted chocolate. Mix quickly to obtain an elastic and shiny mixture, then add 1/3 more and continue to mix rapidly to emulsify and then finish with the remaining 1/3 of the hot cream. Make sure it is completely mixed.
- Once you get a shiny and thick texture, add the whiskey.
- When ready to serve, shake in a cocktail shaker with ice until frothy and mixture has diluted a bit.
- Pour into a snifter swirled with ice and a few dashed of orange bitters.
Garnish with orange peel ribbon and a grating of fresh nutmeg.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Ricky Webster